Ever wonder how much sleep ultra-successful people get? Are they all super-human and able to operate on barely any sleep (unlike the rest of us)?
Well it does appear thats the case for some- example, Donald Trump claims to sleep only 3 hours each night and Pepsi CEO Indra Nooyi gets only 4 hours of nightly shut-eye. But the majority manage to get at least 6 hours, as the following list details the sleep habits of 10 highly successful people
- Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla and Space X: 6 hours (1 am-7 am)
- Tim Cook, CEO of Apple: 7 hours (9:30pm-4:30am)
- Bill Gates, Co-Founder of Microsoft: 7 hours (12am-7am)
- Richard Branson, Founder of Virgin group: 5-6 hours (12-5/6am)
- Jack Dorsey, Co-Founder of Twitter: 7 hours (10:30pm-5:30am)
- Tim Armstrong, Chairman and CEO of AOL: 6 hours (11pm-5am)
- Barrack Obama, President of the United States: 6 hours (1am-7am)
- Jeff Bezos, Founder & CEO of Amazon.com: 7 hours (10pm-5am)
- Ellen DeGeneres, TV Host: 8 hours (11pm-7am)
- Donald Trump, 45th President of USA: 3 hours (1am-4am)
Although there is a range in the number of hours they sleep, there do seem to be some trends in their sleep habits. Most notably, everyone in the above list is a (relative) early riser, waking by 7am. The variance really comes in their bedtimes, with some turning in before 10pm while others dont hit the pillow until the early am hours. It seems that those who manage to get more overall sleep tend to do so by getting to bed earlier.
Wondering how to establish a better bedtime routine for yourself?😎
A good first step is to establish and stick to a consistent sleep schedule, ideally to sleep and waking up at the same time everyday (including weekends). Also keep these tips.
- Read a real book (not on an electronic device) to help wind down.
- Write down the 3 things you are most grateful for.
- Write down the 3 things u want to accomplish the next day.
- Turn off your cellphone ( or put it on airplane mode) and other electronics
- Keep your room dark, quiet and cool.
- Keep a notepad next to your bed to write down anything else on your mind.